Custom StreetMaps Premium HELP!

03-05-2019 12:32 PM
BradleyHay
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I've spent the last few days trying to figure out an issue i'm running in to and for the life of me can't understand it. My goal is to build custom Access Roads in to the Custom Road Network. I am building them to Water Pads as my locations, and using the the "OD Cost Matrix Tool" to generate water hauler times in min (Pad to Pad matrix). I have been digitizing access roads and filling in 3 key attributes needed (Truck KPH, FT_TF KPH and whether the roads are paved or not). TF is to/from and kph is kilometer per hour. I'm over 300 roads in and this is the only problem I have stumbled across. Every time I digitize this one segment, build the network with no errors, and run the OD Cost matrix tool, it wipes out that One Pad completely from my "Trucking Time" results. That's equivalent to 600+ results since it's a Pad to Pad Matrix. My thought is it has something to do with elevation possibly, but that's only because I watched a youtube video and heard someone mention that as something important. Nothing was detailed. I tried changing the elevation to no avail.

If anyone has any expedience with Custom StreetMaps or ideas please don't hesitate to respond, I would greatly appreciate it! I am attaching Screenshots as well. The green lines are the routes provided, and the white lines are Custom streets that I digitized.

Thank You,

Brad

water lines‌ perfom analysis #well locations#well data#build od matrix#od matrix#road-network#road projects#streetmap premium for arcgis custom roads#custom streets#streetmap premium#streetmap#arcgispro#gis pro

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Every time I digitize this one segment, build the network with no errors, and run the OD Cost matrix tool, it wipes out that One Pad completely from my "Trucking Time" results. 

Some things to try:

If you are using ArcMap, can you use the network identify tool and make sure that the new segments are connected to the existing streets?

Can you run a simple route solve using the new segment? Or you can run a service area (with lines option) from a location on the new edge to see if there is connectivity.

The network locations that you are passing into the OD tool, do they have existing/pre-computed network locations that are being used (they may be stale).

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JuliaSobczak
New Contributor II

Hi Brad, I was wondering if you remedied this issue. I'm using CustomRoads on ArcPro and have run into problems with my digitized roads as well. For us the problem lies with routing to our custom roads. I will digitize and rebuild with errors (or no errors sometimes) but the Routing tool does not recognize the connection. Did you find a way around your problem? I'm looking for any help because, similar to your experience, there is NOTHING online to help and I'm just rewatching youtube videos to find something I missed. Technical support is helpful to a point, but they cannot answer all of my questions.

Thanks

Julia

0 Kudos