Why Does ArcGIS Pro Disable ability to change axis to log?

02-26-2019 08:01 PM
RaulGarcia
New Contributor

I am currently doing the lesson "Help End Homelessness" on learn.arcgis.com. I am on the part where I am supposed to make a chart and adjust the x and y - axis to log, but on my version of arcGIS Pro, which is the most current one, only allows me to adjust the y - axis to log and not the x - axis. Could anyone help me understand why ArcGIS Pro doesn't let me adjust the x - axis?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RaulGarcia
New Contributor

It's a scatter plot by the way. Thank you for the links, but it doesn't explain why a certain axis is being disabled an how to enable log onto the axis.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

worked for me, after specifying 2 numeric fields, the option to specify a log axis was there... for both line and scatter

0 Kudos
RaulGarcia
New Contributor

Well I don't know why mine is disabled as shown if I followed the instructions on This Lesson.

Log axis being disabled for x-axis

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well if you got the chart on step 16 exactly and it won't go to the next step

scroll to the bottom of that page and send an email to the Feedback on this Link... they will look into it

RaulGarcia
New Contributor

Well I don't know what else to do so I'll do that. Thanks for trying to help out! 

0 Kudos
SethHiatt
New Contributor II

Raul, I had the same problem. The checkbox was activated once I unchecked "Show linear trend" under the Data tab. 

Seth

0 Kudos
ConorChurch
New Contributor

Raul, 

I know it's been 2 years but just wanted to add my 2 cents if others in the future find this post from Google, like I did.

I had the same problem. The only thing that eventually worked for me was to check "show linear trend," save the project, and quit. Then once I reopened the project and deselected "show linear trend" the option to select log axes for both axes was enabled. 

Hope this helps the next person!

TimKeeping
New Contributor

Log curves cannot display zero (0) and my problem was a zero (0) in my column keeping the log tick box grey. Luckily I could change to a very small magnetic susceptibility instead (0.00001).

0 Kudos