Error when importing csv files with the GeoAnalytics Tool Copy to Data Store

02-26-2019 02:02 AM
RicoIlles
New Contributor II

When I import data to the spatiotemporal big data store via the GeoAnalytics tool copy to data store, I always get the following error message:

"ERROR 120104: Failed to execute CopyToDataStore."

"ERROR 000582: Error occurred during execution."

The data are csv files, which contain a total of about 4 billion time data and are located in a big data file share. When viewing the logfiles of the ArcGIS Server I get a message which says "Unable to connect to the manged egdb". I am confused about this error message, because it actually means an enterprise geodatabase and it is not present in our infrastructure. shouldn't an error message be mentioned by the spatiotemporal big data store and have anybody an idea what can stop my copy to big data store process?

2 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Rico Illes‌,

Can you do the following:

1. In Server manager on your GeoAnalytics server set the log level to debug.

2. Then rerun the tool and query the logs for the last 15 minutes (of however long it takes to fail), and the Source to System/GeoAnalyticsTools.GPServer. Make sure you are on the GeoAnalytics Server. 

Can you also verify you have been able to run Copy on a smaller dataset, and that you are copying to the spatiotemporal data store (and not the relational). I don't think the warning about the managed edgb is related, but will have to get the full GeoAnalytics logs to be sure.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Sarah Ambrose

Product Engineer, GeoAnalytics Team

0 Kudos
RicoIlles
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah Ambrose,

Sorry for my late answering. Thank you for your recommendations.

It worked with a smaller dataset, but not with very large amounts of data.

I fixed the problem by giving the server machine more RAM.

Best regards,

Rico

0 Kudos