failed to execute import 3D files

02-25-2019 07:34 AM
DanielAndia
New Contributor II

Hello community, I'm trying to import a 3D file of * .dae format that is within the formats supported by the arcgis pro 2.2 which is the version I use, but when running the tool import 3D files it throws me the error that it is not a valid file (ERROR 050038: No Valid Files) because that may be happening if the format is set within the admitted, thanks in advance for possible help

.jumping error

1 Reply
ChengWeiSun
New Contributor II

I also have this problem... I'm using AGP 2.4. I tried to import a .obj file (size is about 536MB) with 16 texture file ( .tif format) using "Import 3D Files" GP tool. I get same error "ERROR 050038: No Valid Files" after 3 mins. No further explanation about the error so I'm really confused. Hope some one can give some suggestion.

CW

The error message after executing the "Import 3D Files".

The python code also report the same error:

arcpy.Import3DFiles_3d(r"X:\UAV-Processing\RTK-002\Model\YY\obj_0722_tif_2\yy_model_wgs.obj",r"X:\UAV-Processing\RTK-002\Model\YY\obj_0722_tif_2\YY_OBJ0722_TIF2_CW.gdb\YY_OBJ_TIF_CW")

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\ddd.py", line 1219, in Import3DFiles
 raise e
 File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\ddd.py", line 1216, in Import3DFiles
 retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.Import3DFiles_3d(*gp_fixargs((in_files, out_featureClass, root_per_feature, spatial_reference, y_is_up, file_suffix, in_featureClass, symbol_field), True)))
 File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 506, in <lambda>
 return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 050038: No Valid Files
ERROR 050038: No Valid Files
Failed to execute (Import3DFiles).‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

#import 3d#3d-analytic#import 3d from file#from_file#wavefront obj#import obj#conversion#"3d analyst"

0 Kudos