First Esri Exam

Jump to solution
02-22-2019 12:04 PM
Labels (1)
rajujee
New Contributor III

Hello experts,

I have almost 10 years experience in various GIS tools. I have started working in Esri (ArcGIS Online, WAB, ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS pro) for the last 4 years. I want to go a step futher.

Which certification to get 1st? 

I don’t find passing criteria any where? Is it 50%?

I appreciate your help

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Hi Raju,

Our website is a great place to learn about our exams, https://www.esri.com/training/certification/. There are no prerequisites to sitting for our core exams and you can take any exam that you feel matches your skills and experience level.  You can also review the cost, exam time and additional exam information on the catalog page. 

We recommend candidates carefully review the Qualifications and Skills Measured information for each exam by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. If you identify a gap between their knowledge and skills and those measured by the exam, the Preparation Resources document on the website provides a useful list of learning options and online resources, organized by topic.  For each exam offered, there are preparation resources available to assist you, including a downloadable PDF preparation document and a 2-hour web course with exam-specific sample questions.

In agreement with our program policies, Esri does not publish passing scores or percentage rates for exams.  Candidates who do not pass an exam are supplied with a more detailed score report that provides additional feedback.  This enhanced score report aligns with the topics presented on the skills measured tab for each exam so that you are able to focus additional preparation to those specific sections prior for sitting for the exam again.

I hope this information helps you determine which exam to try first!

Thanks,

Jeren Portillo

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Hi Raju,

Our website is a great place to learn about our exams, https://www.esri.com/training/certification/. There are no prerequisites to sitting for our core exams and you can take any exam that you feel matches your skills and experience level.  You can also review the cost, exam time and additional exam information on the catalog page. 

We recommend candidates carefully review the Qualifications and Skills Measured information for each exam by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. If you identify a gap between their knowledge and skills and those measured by the exam, the Preparation Resources document on the website provides a useful list of learning options and online resources, organized by topic.  For each exam offered, there are preparation resources available to assist you, including a downloadable PDF preparation document and a 2-hour web course with exam-specific sample questions.

In agreement with our program policies, Esri does not publish passing scores or percentage rates for exams.  Candidates who do not pass an exam are supplied with a more detailed score report that provides additional feedback.  This enhanced score report aligns with the topics presented on the skills measured tab for each exam so that you are able to focus additional preparation to those specific sections prior for sitting for the exam again.

I hope this information helps you determine which exam to try first!

Thanks,

Jeren Portillo