Geodatabase and GIS Portal

02-20-2019 12:06 PM
Labels (1)
EvonFranklin
New Contributor III

Is it possible to create a link to the GeoDataStore and a normal SQL Database hosted within the same system?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Evon,

> Is it possible to create a link to the GeoDataStore and a normal SQL Database hosted within the same system?

What do you mean by "link" exactly? What are you trying to do in terms of workflow? Did you want to relate tables from each data source? For example, something like a database view? or something else?

FYI if applicable, Create a database view in ArcGIS Desktop—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this helps,

EvonFranklin
New Contributor III

I wasn't clear enough, but by "Link" I meant, querying data from a separate SQL Database and the Geo database in one go. Just trying to expand my knowledge on this so I know how to go forward from here in developing my application. Because I wanted to have some metadata database  and JOIN results with corresponding spatial data. If this is not possible I guess I will just have to make 2 separate query calls.

0 Kudos
wuzq
by
New Contributor

Maybe you need to configure st_geometry in enterprise geodatabase if your spatial data and nonspatial data in the same RDBMS

0 Kudos