using memory output

02-20-2019 11:21 AM
PaulAngell
New Contributor

I have a script that does a KML to layer conversion.  We are having issues with getting the output to go to memory, i have tried in_memory and just memory.  I was thinking it was an issues with making a GeoDB in memory, so we are trying to use copyfeatures to move the data out of the SDE and just make it a shapefile.  then we want to add about 50 fields and parce some XML to populate the new fields.  the problem is that it takes about 10 seconds to make a filed.  so we are trying to use the in memory output but i keep getting a 000210 when we try to output any of the above features to memory.  not sure what is going wrong, any ideas would be helpful.  This is a script for Arc Pro 2.1

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The "memory" workspace was introduced in 2.3, so you will want to use "in_memory".  And on a semantic front, you don't create a GeoDB in memory.  The in-memory workspace can't contain a geodatabase, it can contain some of the objects that can be in a geodatabase, like feature classes.

Please post the code you are using to call the tool along with the error and traceback.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sharing with Python

0 Kudos