Problem with Related Tables in New Collector Version, but Not in Collector Classic

02-19-2019 08:16 AM
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

I recently upgraded my iOS devices to the new version of Collector. Now, when I go to add a new record in any of my related tables I get an error that says, "No collectable layers are visible." I can see the related table name and I can click on it, but when I click "Add" the error pops up. I do not get this error in Collector Classic. Are there any additional settings in the new version that I need to change?

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but the layer was originally created using Survey123 Connect, and the related tables were created as repeats.

For now, my crews can get by with Collector Classic, but I'd like to get this figured out so I can take advantage of the exciting new features that the new version will provide.

Thank you for your help.

24 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christopher! This is a known issue and a defect has already been logged against the behavior. 

BUG-000119344: Unable to add a new related record in the Collector for ArcGIS application, if the se...

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Is there an estimate for when this will be fixed? It seems like a pretty serious issue.

Erica
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

Hi Joshua Herman‌, I note the bugs in the links in this feed are all marked as 'complete'. I am currently having this issue with a feature service published in Survey123, however I cannot add anything ('no collectable layers are visible' even though the layers is drawing happily on the map) to the parent feature class (I do not have the child table in the collector project as it is populated by Survey123). I have this problem in the Windows collector app (20.0.1.0) and Android (20.2.1). No problem in iOS (20.2.2).

Any ideas? or do I just have to wait for the next version?

ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Thanks Joshua. Do you have any idea when this bug will be fixed? Due to Collector's lack of Conditional Expressions and Survey123's limited inbox features, we really rely on integrating the two.

GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't know when this bug will be fixed. I encourage you to follow the link I included in my previous reply and click "Subscribe" to get the latest updates on that defect.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Josh,

It has been over a year with no update to that bug. Do you have any estimate for when this will be corrected? It seems to affect any related tables, not only those generated via Survey123 Connect.

Thanks,

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos
MackJohnson2
New Contributor

There is another logged bug regarding related tables and Collector that has been logged. https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyNTU1Mg==

0 Kudos
JasonBalmut1
New Contributor II

It appears to be any related tables.  We have a very simple app with one point feature class and a related table for inspections.  It works fine in Classic, but the related tables are not viewable in the new Collector.

JaredTaylor
New Contributor III

I have the same problem with our relate tables and a point layer.  Can view the related record in classic, not in Collector.

0 Kudos