AGOL: webmap missing credits

02-18-2019 06:48 AM
StefanSchnitzhofer
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'd like to publish a simple webmap containing only a basemap. Unfortunately the resulting webmap doesn't show any credits at the bottom right corner, although the used map service as well as the webmap have the needed metadata (credits). As soon as I add a layer to the map, I get the credits of this layer shown.

Thanks for any help!

Stefan 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Stefan,

When looking at a web map in AGOL, the credits for the basemap are seen in the bottom right of the map.  I also see this on the bottom right when printing the map.  Do you have a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Best,

Marisa

0 Kudos
StefanSchnitzhofer
New Contributor III

Hi Marisa,

thanks for your reply.

A few minutes ago I got an answer from esri Germany support:

"The Credits of an AGOL/Portal “item” is not the same as the Credits of the item’s source which is its underlying “service”. And these two Credits may not necessarily be the same either. The Credits (Attribution) information displays on the MapViewer is read from the service itself, rather than an item’s Credits. The item Credits is only limited to the management of content in AGOL/Portal."

If I unterstand it correctly, I have no direct influence on what is shown in the credits line at the bottom corner. This information is read from the underlying service an can't be changed within AGOL.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos