Why does ArcGIS Pro crash when setting domain?

02-13-2019 10:34 AM
MichaelFazio2
New Contributor II

I am trying to set domains for a GeoDatabase that will be used in an ArcCollector app. Everytime I try to set a domain to type "Double" in which the user must submit a value within a given Range, the program crashes. E.g. I have a temperature field inwhich the user needs to be able enter the temperature with up to one decimal point. Everytime I try to enter the lower value limiter, the program crashes. I have also tried this with type "Float", but still no success. Seems ArcPro does not like using Ranges for decimal value?

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MorganWaterman
New Contributor III

Hi Michael Fazio‌,

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? Is the data in a file geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase? 

Best,

Morgan

0 Kudos
MorganWaterman
New Contributor III

Michael Fazio‌ I decided to look into this post further and found the error report generated from the crash--thanks for sending that in! From the report, I can tell that you're on Pro 2.2.3. If you update Pro to the latest version (2.3), does the issue persist?

If so, could you please provide the exact workflow to reproduce the issue and screen shots if possible? Thanks!

Morgan

MichaelFazio2
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, I will try to replicate the issue and will update you when/if I can. I was setting up domains for use in ArcCollector before, but now have switched to Survey123 because it is compatible with Android. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyCalderon
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I am importing from a FGDB to Enterprise GDB. The domains I created in FGDB do not work. It shows that they are in the GDB, but are grayed out when I open the domain in design. Thats when it crashes.  I am currently  on ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3 and I can confirm that applying updates to domains on a SQL Server EGDB crashes Pro.  No warning either...

Here is the Windows application event text:

Faulting application name: ArcGISPro.exe, version: 2.3.3.15900, time stamp: 0x5cd9c841
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x490b0aeb
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006e91e
Faulting process id: 0x6dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d51b30c8dd1037
Faulting application path: C:\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: c7378570-6217-4e0a-9ced-253661a3505e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you submitted the error reports along with your email address?  I didn't see any from your email...

Could you go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports and attach a few of the latest .dmp files from Pro crashing? The filename contains a date-time stamp:

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

Hey Kory.  No I didn't submit an error report as Pro didn't give me the "usual" screen to do so.  It was a straight out crash.

And there are no new dump files that correspond to the time of the application crashing.  Sorry.  

The issues I found happened yesterday.  Once hitting "save" when updating a domain in an EGDB, Pro crashes.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hmm, I'm assuming this happened once, or can you easily reproduce it?

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

It happens every time.  I'm working on replicating the set up on another machine as a sanity check.  I'll post here again with my findings.

0 Kudos