Is it possible to have a series of fixed maps inside Shortlist Story Map?

02-12-2019 11:03 PM
Marklennon
New Contributor II

I represent a youth group with several locations. Each location has a need to tell their story of impact, locally, nationally and globally. I have been tasked with a rebranding effort in order to show our agency's footprint in order to attract more donors. I am experimenting with the idea that each club is represented by a Shortlist Builder embedded into either a Cascade or Map Journal. My first tab's map inside Shortlist Builder shows the impact inside Evanston Township High School itself, so the icons are clustered. The second tab's map shows organizations within 5 miles of the high school from Skokie to Chicago who received donations from the group. The third tab's map lists services provided to the local community. Then it gets even more tricky. The group has made donations and visits to two sites in New Orleans, some in  North Carolina, a few to Durango Mexico, and very soon an orphanage in El Salvador. If I can fix the map to static, I can host s series of Shortlist Builders for each program that tells their story quickly. These out of the area donations don't really work without being able to change the base map location

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkStewart
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark.  You can create a custom map extent for the web map in the Shortlist, but then the custom extent applies to all the tabs, which I don't think solves your dilemma.  Would you consider using a different story map app?  Replacing the shortlist with a map series might be a good way to go.  In this case, you would want a separate web map for each new extent (Evanston Township, Skokie-Chicago, global, etc.), but this would give you the control you need.  Let me know if that isn't what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Marklennon
New Contributor II

Thanks so much. I am going to try it today

0 Kudos
MarkStewart
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark.  How did this work out for you?

0 Kudos