Extension (License not available)

Jump to solution
02-11-2019 05:26 PM
Labels (1)
SpencerLarson
New Contributor III

I go to activate the Production Mapping extension in ArcGIS/Catalog and it  indicates  next to the name of the extension (License not available).  What does this mean?  I am pretty sure I have a license for this extension but why would it read not available.  Is there something I have to do to make it available?  I can select the checkbox and make a check but after closing the dialogue box, the extension still doesn't activate.

With other extensions where I don't have a license and when I try to activate I get the message "The extension could not be activated.  There is no Aviation Charting license currently available.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This is for ArcGIS Pro, where you can access your licensing directly. In ArcMap, you have to check your license manager to see whether you have been authorized.

A big step that many forget is that you have to 'check' on your extensions in the 

Customize, Extensions (or similar) menu option.

In Pro, they are always available

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This is for ArcGIS Pro, where you can access your licensing directly. In ArcMap, you have to check your license manager to see whether you have been authorized.

A big step that many forget is that you have to 'check' on your extensions in the 

Customize, Extensions (or similar) menu option.

In Pro, they are always available

ScottDurham
New Contributor

Thanks for this post. In my situation, all of the Esri extensions are shown as not having a license but I have confirmed that my organization has a license with all, or at least most, of these extensions for concurrent use.

From ArcGIS Pro, if I go to Settings > Licensing and click the "Configure your licensing options" I get an error about my LM being out of date but we're running the latest version, 2021.0. Is there a way that with a concurrent license that all of these licensed extensions are automatically enabled for each install of ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos