Pan tool automatically activated when going to new layout in ArcGIS Pro 2.3

Jump to solution
02-08-2019 03:59 PM
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

After downloading ArcGIS Pro 2.3. When I hit the select tool with one layout active and then move to the next layout the select tool is no longer active.  Instead it changes to the pan tool.  This is greatly impacting my work flow. Can I deactivate this in my settings?  Is there a shortcut to for the select tool? I attached a video.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

Great,  I am looking forward to less clicks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This sounds like a BUG to me.  If I use the Select command from the Map core tab, it doesn't change to the Pan command.  If I use the Select command from the Edit core tab, it does change to the Pan command.  I recommend logging a Bug report with Esri Support Services.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What is the state of this option

Keep the last tool active—  Layout options—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Jennifer, 

Thanks for the video.  It looks like you are working with Map Views and not with Layout views. This can determined by the state of the ribbon at the top of the app and by the icon present in each view's tab. I've circled these in the screenshot below.

I was able to reproduce the issue you describe using version 2.3.2. However, I could not reproduce with version 2.4 (currently under development). I believe this issue has been addressed.

Hope this help, 

Tom

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

Great,  I am looking forward to less clicks.

0 Kudos