Cant Share Story Map

02-07-2019 12:15 PM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone I have created astory map using ArcGIS Online and created a group to share it with, however, when I go to my content and check the box next to it I do NOT get the option to share the story map. The only options I have are categorize, move and delete. I am trying to share with another organizational account. Does anyone have any tips here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
chadhickman

I am also seeing a pop-up box that says

“To ensure this story can be viewed by others you must also share its scenes, scene layers, and embedded apps with your organization. Maps and map layers are shared automatically."

How do you share these items?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chad -- Sharing to a group isn't currently supported by story map builders, but you can do it manually.

Go to your Content page in your ArcGIS account and check a box next to one or more of your items you should see the option to Share at the top of the list. If you don't see it after checking at least one item you must not have permissions to share items and should contact your administrator.

Once you confirm that you can share items, you'll need to share the story map as well as any maps, scenes, and layers  that are used in the story to the group you've created. When sharing to group, none of these items are shared automatically.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
chadhickman

Owen,

Thank you for the reply. How do I go about sharing scenes, images, maps and layers that are used in my story map? I am not seeing that option anywhere. I used some images that were stored on my hard drive, do I need to upload them to ArcGIS Online too?

Chad

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

If you dragged the images into the story map builder they have already been uploaded to your story. Sharing the story item will also ensure those images are shared.

Scenes, maps, and layers all have corresponding items in your ArcGIS content. You'll need to find those items and share them just like you share the story item.

There's lots of information in the ArcGIS Online help about sharing if you need more information:

If you don't own any of the content items used in your story you'll need to add the owner to your group and ask him/her to share those items to the group.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
chadhickman

Owen, 

I am not seeing the Option to Share, I see everything but that option. 

Chad

0 Kudos
chadhickman

Owen,

Also what "administrator" are you referring to? Our ArcGIS online administrator or the administrator for the content?

Thanks,

Chad 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Your ArcGIS Online administrator.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
chadhickman

Ok. How exactly would the administrator go about "approving" those images? I appreciate your replys, they are helping me get to the bottom of this.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by an administrator approving images. Can you provide more information?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos