Am finding problems to share my webapp that i have created in arcgis online to the public without it requesting credentials from the public,please assist me on how i can resolve this problem.
Getting credentials means something in the app has some security on it, or that its not shared.
Keep a eye out for the following as they may be contributing to the behaviour.
1) The map layers that are not shared.
- Start with your WebMap, view the Item Details, You will see the Layer list, where you can inspect each layer individually (Right-Click Open In new Tab) to verify how it is shared. it should be public (Everyone) to not have a prompt to sign in.
- Resharing apps in ArcGIS online should also prompt sharing options for associated maps and layers aswell.
2) Premium and subscriber content in the App or Map,
- Some layers are designated as Subscriber (needing a Organization to view),
or Premium (Requires Credits to View) These types of items need special configuration to be shared.
- Some Functionality like routing is also considered subscriber/premium content, you will want to refer to the documentation of your App or Widget to see how to configure this. (Web AppBuilder Documentation as example here)
3) Anonymous Access setting on your Organization.
- This setting allows the public to visit your ArcGIS online webpage, Meaning they can access
- Short Name URL = <ShortName>.maps.arcgis.com.
- Without this setting users can get prompted to sign in when resolving Item links containing the Short Name URL. In this situation I would recommend remove the Short Name URL part of the item URL before sharing the link. I.e. I would use this:
Instead of this:
I hope this general detail helps!
Thanks much,it worked
Retrieving data ...