AnsweredAssumed Answered

Routing With GTFS

Question asked by tgkarlso on Feb 6, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2019 by MMorang-esristaff

I'm looking for help with understanding how to route my public transit trips via the GTFS data I've imported. 

I've gone through all the steps on the User Guide, as well as the online lectures. However, Network Analyst will only route my trips on my streets file ("Streets_UseThisOne). Whenever I try to route on TransitLines (which seems the most logical when attempting to route public transit, even though these are only lines between stops), it gives me a non-traversable error. It correctly routes on the Streets_UseThisOne layer, but this isn't representative of where my public transit is running. 

To further elaborate on my project: I'm attempting to compare historic GTFS feeds with current GTFS feeds. Essentially, the goal is to understand how travel time has changed over the years (I.e. transit services between 1995 and 2005). I'd like to be able to take two stops. One from 1995 and one from 2005 and see how the travel time has changed, either due to road closures/improvements or due to the transit system changing its routes. From my understanding, these tools should help me do this, but I don't seem to be able to acquire the correct results. 

Am I missing something?

Outcomes