Create/Modify Polygon Tools

02-04-2019 03:41 PM
PrincejonathanPruitt
New Contributor

The autocomplete polygon tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0 sometimes does not work, or is unavailable from the create tools menu. The split polygon tool is also deleting my polygons. Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No.  As for autocomplete, you have created at least one polygon before you try to use it? As for split you followed

Sketching a cutting line in

Split a feature—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
PrincejonathanPruitt
New Contributor

Yes, I have other polygons I'm trying to build off of. Sometimes even filling in gaps between other polygons isn't enough to get autocomplete to work. Autocomplete has consistently worked in the past, but not lately. For splits, yes, I am drawing a line across a polygon, starting and ending on the edges, but when I hit F2, the polygon goes away, and ArcGIS says the split was done successfully. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Princejonathan,

This is something that Esri Technical Support can help investigate. Are you able to create a case with Support? - https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support 

I've tried to reproduce the behavior you are reporting in 2.3, but so far, I can't. Does the Check Geometry geoprocessing tool report any issues? - Check Geometry—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

Does it occur with certain features or all features? What's the reproducible pattern?

Thank you!

-Scott

0 Kudos