AnsweredAssumed Answered

creating flat structure GeoEvent Definition from Verizon Networkfleet

Question asked by etylerNwwsd on Feb 5, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2019 by mschonlau

So I am completely new to GeoEvent Server. I am trying to understand how to map verizon's networkfleet message to a flat structure. The appendix page that comes with the instructions on how to install the connector is not very informative for a newbie like me. I need some more guidance. Is there anymore detailed info out there that shows how to do this? 

I have all the definitions that get created when you add the adapter. I am confused about how you get this:

"GPSFix.Speed[0].Value"

"GPSFix.Speed[1].Value"

"GPSFix.Speed[2].Value"

I am not sure what the "value" part of this is, or the number in the brackets.

Also confused about the appropriate outputs to use. I have a feature service created. Just trying to figure out how I can get my feature service updated with the location of our vehicles. The end result I want is to have one point representing each vehicle in our fleet that shows their location every so often based off our contract with verizon. Don't need any elaborate set up. just a simple output showing locations with vehicle label. 

Any help with where to find more documentation, or even an example of someones Geoevent service structure that they have created, would be greatly appreciated from a newbie such as myself

Thanks.

Outcomes