Survey123 webhooks

02-04-2019 10:21 AM
KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have been using the webhook feature for survey123 to send emails when a survey is completed using Microsoft Flow (using the example provided Webhooks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ). I have noticed however, that when a survey is edited and resubmitted the email is not sent. Is there a way to achieve this? (Specifically to get the email to be sent whether it is new or a resubmission) Intuitively it seems that the sole trigger option currently, which is 'New record submitted' should allow for this to take place. Any advice is welcomed

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kerr,

As of right now, the trigger event is only for New records submitted

It looks like a future release will have more events, according to this thread:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/05/sneak-peek-survey123-and-webhooks-integr... 

JenAmes
New Contributor III

I see that there is now an option for "Existing record edited". I can't see to find any documentation on how this works. Does the existing record need to be edited via the app and resubmitted? Can it work through editing the data in the attribute table associated with the survey?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jen,

Please take a look at the following Blog Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Integromat.  In the 'Add and Edit Trigger Events' section, you will find details related to setting up a trigger event upon editing a survey. Keep in mind, while this is currently supported when surveys are edited using the web app, it will not be supported with editing surveys using the field app until v. 3.5 is officially released (although you can test this out now with our beta release available through the Early Adopter Community!)

Best,

Brandon

JenAmes
New Contributor III

Brandon,

Any idea when v3.5 will officially be released? I am looking to try out this feature, but when I try to download the beta from the Early Adopter Community, the set-up wizard opens and then doesn't do anything, doesn't have any buttons to click on and I need to force close out of it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos