How to deactivate a single use license for ArcGIS Pro

02-02-2019 11:15 AM
SteveCourtney
New Contributor II

I have single use licenses for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop. I had been running on my MacBook Pro in a virtual machine using Fusion, While Desktops performance was good, Pro was basically unusable. To overcome this i created a bootcamp partition and installed win 8 64. I installed ArcGIS Pro but it ran into licensing issues. I can deactivate ArcGIS Desktop and all its modules but no instance of Pro shows up in the licensed product list.

How do I deactivate Pro so that I can activate it on my boot camp partition

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

don't know specifically about deactivating, but did you see this page?

Authorize and start ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use license—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Just to be clear, ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro have separate licenses.  Licenses for ArcGIS Desktop does not work for ArcGIS Pro and vice versa.  With that said, you can use the Deauthorize option in ArcGIS Pro or the ArcGIS Administrator to deauthorize either or all single use licenses.  If you used ArcGIS Administrator, you should see a list of all Desktop and Pro licenses.  If you don't see the Pro licenses, either it was already deauthorized or it is no longer authorized on the system.  

What exactly is the "licensing issue"?  If you can no longer use that authorization number to authorize, go to the Recover Lost Licenses section in MyEsri or contact Esri Technical Support.  

0 Kudos