Custom Styled Vector Tile Layer as esri.dijit.BasemapLayer

01-31-2019 08:51 AM
SethFrame
New Contributor

I created a custom styled Vector Tile Layer and saved it to my ArcGIS Online account. Now I am trying to replace an existing hosted Tile Layer with it. The problem is that when I replace the current style URL in our code with the new one the style does not come through. If I use the URL that is generated on the ArcGIS Online page, the resulting map is the ESRI Roads basemap.  Currently we are using esri.dijit.BasemapLayer to create a basemap layer, then esri.dijit.Basemap to create the basemap that is then shared in a basemap gallery. I can add more detail if necessary but I feel that there seems to be something amiss with the styleURL and the URL that is created in ArcGIS Online. They don't seem to point to the correct location. If there was a way to define a basemap layer with esri.dijit.BasemapLayer by using the portal ID that would work as well. I have been able to get that to work in the  JavaScript Starter App using this tutorial: Display a styled vector basemap | ArcGIS for Developers. Any direction would be helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies