Difficulties with Selection Layers

01-31-2019 08:40 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I am trying to work with some selection layers in ArcGIS Pro.  I downloaded the Census Blocks layer from the Portal (Census2010/Tracts_Blocks (MapServer) ) and created several selection layers from this data.  I am trying to merge the blocks so that each layer ends up as one single polygon, and then upload these layers into Business Analyst Online so they can be used as a custom boundary to make reports.

I am having difficulty performing several operations on these selection layers:

1.  The option under Data>>Export Features and Data>>Export Table are greyed out

2.  The option under Modify Features>>Merge>>Existing Feature says the destination layer type cannot be merged

3.  The option under Modify Features>>Merge>>New Feature says that a feature template is required (despite the fact that a feature template exists)

4.  The option under Sharing>>Save As Web Layer is greyed out.

I have tried going to Sharing>>Save As Layer File, and adding the resulting file back to Pro--hoping to change this from a "selection layer" to a true layer.  This does not seem to change the behavior.

I'm not sure what I am missing--it seems like a common use for this data.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies