Data for Network analysis

01-30-2019 09:18 PM
YELETIRAMA_SIDHARDHA
New Contributor

Hello everyone,this is sidhardha presently i am working on network analysis in ArcMap for roadnetwork of dehradun  but i had a bit confussion with the data could anyone please help me to sort this out?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sidhardha,

> ... i am working on network analysis in ArcMap for road network of dehradun  ut i had a bit confusion with the data 

You'll likely get better assistance if you state your problem/issue with the data more clearly. Please be as specific as you can and provide repro steps.

FYI, this tutorial may be useful: About the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension tutorial—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
YELETIRAMA_SIDHARDHA
New Contributor

Hello sir, thanks for the help. My question is that while downloading the data from openstreet map we will not find all the attributes like (oneway,FT_cost,TF_cost...)

then how we should find the data for that.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Sidhardha,

> My question is that while downloading the data from openstreet map we will not find all the attributes like (oneway,FT_cost,TF_cost...)

You will have to reach out to the source of where you downloaded the OpenStreetMap dataset and ask them if the dataset includes those attributes. You may want to reach out here, OpenStreetMap and OpenStreetMap Foundation.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
YELETIRAMA_SIDHARDHA
New Contributor

Also sir, when performing the network analysis in arcmap some of the attributes such as (FT_COST and TF_COST) which are very important for performing the process are missing from that downloaded data(openstreet map data). Where can I have that data so that I could complete a network dataset without any error.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Sidhardha,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out on vacation since Dev Summit 2019, then out on business travel.

> ... the network analysis in arcmap some of the attributes such as (FT_COST and TF_COST) which ... are missing from that downloaded data (openstreet map data). Where can I have that data so that I could complete a network dataset without any error.

I would look/search for possible government open data sites like this one: Data.gov for your local region. Another option would be to look/search for 3rd party vendors who might sell network data for your region.

Or, you could purchase StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos