AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I toggle layers on and off?

Question asked by ksjosh82 on Jan 30, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 by ksjosh82

I am interested in using ArcGIS for Maps in my powerpoint presentations.  I have it working but I would like to be able to toggle on/off layers within Powerpoint.  I thought I could do this before but with the latest update there is no way to do this.  

My map will be used as part of a rezoning staff report to the Planning Commission.  I'd love to be able to turn the zoning and future land use layers on and off while on the same slide with the same map.  I typically use static maps created in ArcGIS which of course have limited capability since they are just images.  I cannot have both zoning and future land use on at the same time because they overlap each other.  Any ideas?

Visible layers are included in the map slide by default. Layers that were hidden when the web map was shared are available but hidden in the PowerPoint map slide.

This is from the help, it doesn't make any sense.  I can only toggle layers in edit mode?  Also, the legend feature is totally worthless to me as the limitation is to extreme, so much so that adding even one of my layers to it makes the map error out.

Outcomes