AnsweredAssumed Answered

Geostatistical Wizard Symbology/Export Class Breaks Not Honored

Question asked by Tim.Ultee_ParsonsCorp on Jan 28, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2020 by EKrause-esristaff

I'm trying to run an interpolation of well measurements using the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3 Geostatistical Wizard (specifically to interpolate the depth in feet of floating contaminants). I've used the stand-alone IDW tool in both ArcMap and Pro in the past without issue but wanted to try the Geostat Wiz to streamline the process. The interpolation seemed to run fine but the resulting symbology isn't showing correctly:Screenshot showing the erroneous symbology despite the identify tool showing the correct interpolation value.

Notice in the screen capture that the identify tool shows the correct interpolated value at the blue dot (0.88) yet the symbology shown for the whole area is the -0.2 to 0.14 class range. When I export to a feature class this problem persists, resulting in useless contours that show much lower values than an exact interpolator like IDW could possibly produce given the input values.

Am I missing a key setting/explanation or is this a bug? I can't see why this behavior would make sense.

*7/26/2019 Update* I'm still seeing this problem in Pro 2.3.2. Has there been any movement to fix this problem in new releases?

*1/24/2020 Update* Pro 2.4.2, still no response or resolution...

Outcomes