Upgrade to 2.3, now a ten sec. delay on every right-click, super slowness...any ideas?

01-25-2019 09:14 AM
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Title says it all, 2.2.4 was finally working okay - it's speeds were tolerable and I was considering making the move to Pro, then I installed the 2.3 update and now everything is super slow, unworkable super slow, like I right click on a map layer and it takes 10 sec. for the items in the dialogue box to become selectable, meaning I right click anything in Pro and stare at my options while they are greyed out for 10 sec. and then I can select say "r-click > Properties" for example. 

Does anyone have any suggestions before I revert back to 2.2.4? All I did was apply the update and then check "run as administrator" on the program, those are literally the only two changes to the software/my machine - that was so I could actually clone my Python environment...but that's a different issue with this update. Ugh

3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing performance problems.

Are you still running as administrator? Perhaps try not?

Also does it happen in a new project?

For those other issues, please reach out to Esri Technical Support at 888-377-4575.

Thank you

-Scott

AndersOlsson
New Contributor II

I have notieced the same change of speed after upgrade to 2.3.1.

0 Kudos
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

and don't create a Mosaic Dataset unless you have 10.7 installed.

surprise!

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/imagery-and-remote-sensing/blog/2019/03/13/mosaic-datasets-...

0 Kudos