Flood Plain Delineation Stream from Point not Producing 3d Line Raster

Jump to solution
01-25-2019 08:24 AM
Labels (1)
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm working on mapping a flood plain in a flood prone area. I have collected the data necessary (DEM, river feature, and gauge data), compiled it into a TimeSeries table, snapped the gauges to the line, and ran the Stream WSE from Point tool. The tool ran fine, I believe, however, the Line Raster did not appear in my catalog view. I found the file saved in another folder through the Results tool and uploaded it. Something must have went wrong, because it had to reconstruct pyramids and then showed everything as the exact same value. Obviously, this isn't correct, so where did I go wrong?

In addition, I'm interested in figuring out how to make the Flood Plain Delineation from gauge point using two gauges on the same river if anyone can advise me on that subject as well, it would be much appreciated. 

If it helps, I came to work on this from this page:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/analytics/floodplain-delineation-using-only-arc-hy... 

and 

https://community.esri.com/people/buexi1/blog/2015/07/29/floodplain-delineation-using-arc-hydro-mode... 

The Collett document at the bottom was particularly helpful. thanks for any help you can provide.

Edit: I just had a thought, the river flows outside of the county at one point before coming back in (The DEM is county level) would that mess up the Line raster? Presumable it uses the original raster to create the line, correct?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

Ok, so this was solved by clearing up spaces in directory files. ArcMap/Archydro seems to uniformly fail if the file directory has a space. I also had to update the temporary directory to point at a location without a space in the name. The final product was a failed Line Raster which is a different problem. It's producing now, but not producing something usable. I'll mark this as answered

If anyone is looking for the steps I took to resolve this, then follow the remainder of the comments.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

Ok, I tried to change the raster, but that didn't work. I'm not sure this was always the error code, but I'm getting "WARNING 001003: Datum conflict between input and output."

I've checked the different spatial reference systems and all the same. What would I do to go about fixing this at this point?

0 Kudos
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

So, after getting advice, I did two things, I exported the files into a new mxd, which fixed one datum error. The other was caused by a z-coordinate system that had been applied (when, I'm not sure.) to one of the data sets. Changing those gave me zero datum errors, but the tool still failed to run saying only that the tool failed to create a line raster. I'm going to look into it further, but I'm not sure at the moment what the issue is.

0 Kudos
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

I'm still running into an odd error. I've moved the files into the c-drive for compatibility and removed spaces in the file directory, but am getting a 010217 error and a failure to execute code. Any ideas?

(I'm continuing to reply to my own topic because I don't want to spam the board with help requests and perhaps if I figure this out, it will be useful to someone, someday)

0 Kudos
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

Ok, so this was solved by clearing up spaces in directory files. ArcMap/Archydro seems to uniformly fail if the file directory has a space. I also had to update the temporary directory to point at a location without a space in the name. The final product was a failed Line Raster which is a different problem. It's producing now, but not producing something usable. I'll mark this as answered

If anyone is looking for the steps I took to resolve this, then follow the remainder of the comments.

0 Kudos
Venkatrao
New Contributor

Hi,

My self Venkat, pursuing Ph.D at NITW, India. I am working on Floodplain delineation for river basins. I am facing the difficulty in data preparation and running the Stream WSE from point WSE Measurements tool. Can you please provide me any material on data processing and tool running, that helps me a lot in my research. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos