Found Network Traffic to Non Existing Server

01-24-2019 08:29 AM
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi folks - I'm hoping someone can help me understand what I am seeing and maybe a fix? 

Background: Our Microsoft partner was hired to stand up our Enterprise 10.6.1 deployment in Azure. During the initial phase of the project our vendor initially setup our Azure and Enterprise deployment with two machines. Server1 and Server2.  He has used Cloud Builder to stand this up. After the fact he had realized we only wanted a single machine deployment and he removed Server2.  Build went on with a few other hitches but we are now in Production. 

I'm working on housekeeping items and troubleshooting an issue with print service, so I can run a script to create a clone for a test/dev setup. During troubleshooting (which I fixed by killing a handful of services) I noticed in the Resource Monitor network traffic on the server I am seeing an item for an ArcSOC.exe but with an address of Server2 ?! 

When ever a service is called from Server1 map service, additional request are headed to Server2, which doesn't exist.

Is there a configuration within the pieces of Enterprise that may still have this Server2 ref? and more importantly, can I remove it? I'm wondering if I can get better performance from this environment if I get this Ghost Server out of the mix. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
0 Replies