Error: ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression. Failed to execute (Combine)

Jump to solution
01-22-2019 10:22 PM
NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I am trying to combine multiple rasters into one in ModelBuilder, and I keep getting these errors:

ERROR 010159: Unable to open VAT file of I:\nfleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif.

ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression. Failed to execute (Combine)

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

could you check that this is really your path

pth = "I:\nfleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif"

because when you print it, it gets split

print(pth)
I:
fleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif

when it is 'raw' encoded, it seems fine

r"I:\nfleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif"

But in any case it could be a number of things, but I would definitely begin with a shorter path and filename

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

could you check that this is really your path

pth = "I:\nfleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif"

because when you print it, it gets split

print(pth)
I:
fleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif

when it is 'raw' encoded, it seems fine

r"I:\nfleisch\Landsat5&8_Dataset\Vector_Rasters\DAMAGE_AREAS_FLAT_Rgn4_1997_Combination.tif"

But in any case it could be a number of things, but I would definitely begin with a shorter path and filename

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Can you manually open the Value Attribute Table of the TIFF file? 

0 Kudos
NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

There is a problem with that. When it fails, it does not create the file.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try an output like c:/temp/test.tif

You might want to move your inputs to a different folder to try to rule out location related issues

NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I am testing it. So far it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

It works.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Paths are a tricky business Nathan

Some common pitfalls...

/blogs/dan_patterson/2016/08/14/filenames-and-file-paths-in-python 

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Two thoughts:

1. You really don't want anything besides [A-Z][0-9]_ in your path names, especially with the Spatial Analyst tools.

2. Dan is correct about long path and file names. The combine tool needs to create fields in the output VAT for each input raster. For this reason I'd avoid giving the tool inputs with really long names, especially if the first 10 characters are not unique. I try to keep raster names in general under 12 characters so I can successfully use them with all raster formats.