I need help with typology within a parcel fabric

01-17-2019 03:31 PM
CourtneyVidetich
New Contributor

I already have a parcel fabric started with some parcels, easements and sections within in. I am now wanting to add in a typology and I am a little confused on how to. I have read the ESRI information on this, however I am still stuck. I have tried and it will not add a typology. I believe I need to use the Load A Topology To A Parcel Fabric geoprocessing tool?

Do I need to start over or can you add a typology at a later date to parcel fabric?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

i've never really needed to enforce an additional topology with my parcel fabric so maybe knowing what you want to accomplish overall would be helpful in figuring out a plan. 

CourtneyVidetich
New Contributor

Thank you for responding. I guess I was under the impression that I needed a typology in my parcel fabric to make sure there are no gaps or overlaps between parcels? And also making sure the sections are flush with each other and do not have overlaps or anything as well.

This is my first time ever using parcel fabric and I find it a little hard to understand.

0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

okay let's start with reviewing this help document, this is where i started when i started preparing to use a parcel fabric: 

Step 1: Set up the parcel fabric data model—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

i read through the entire help file on parcel fabrics to familiarize myself with how everything works before i started working in the fabric. the fabric editor is a lot different than working with regular feature classes so i understand how confusing it is. 

you put your regular feature classes - your polygons and matching line feature classes - in a topology. not parcels that already exist in a parcel fabric. this link will go over the rules you need for your feature classes:

Load data to a parcel fabric—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos