I have an ArcObjects console app which does the following:
1. Opens an SDE workspace from connection property set.
2. Creates a feature layer from a feature class in the workspace.
3. Applies symbology to the layer.
4. Joins the layer to a table from the same workspace.
5. Saves the layer to a layer file.
Can the same be done in a console app written with the Pro API? I am looking at the API and cannot find a way to create a layer without adding it to a map. Also I cannot see a method to save a layer file. Is the Save Layer File GP tool the only way to do that? Thanks.