When I try to turn my web map into a web map application, I open the application and it opens up to a blank screen. Does anyone know the solution for this?

01-16-2019 06:46 PM
JonahKirchmann
New Contributor II

I open the web map application and it looks like it is going to load, but then the three bubbles disappear and the screen goes blank. Jessica Rosales (JRosales_GIS)

4 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jonah Kirchmann,

I've got a few questions/comments for you:

Is there any way you'd be able to share the application? If so, you can paste the application link in a response below. You'd have to make sure the underlying layers, Web Map and application are all shared publicly to do so. If you're unable to share your data with everyone, that's completely understandable!

Is this the only application that behaves this way? Or are there other applications that exhibit the same behavior? If this is the only application that's causing issues, I'd be interested to see how the application performs in a different browser. Perhaps you could try loading it in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Internet Explorer to see its performance.

Also, something that you could try in your current browser is to clear your cache. Sometimes I've seen strange behavior and a cleared cache clears up any hiccups! 

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Joe

JonahKirchmann
New Contributor II

Hi, 

For some reason, the same day that I posted this the web application fixed itself! Thanks for the suggestions though!

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

If you are using Story Map Tour this could be an instance of this issue:
Whenever I launch my web app, the screen just stops loading and goes grey? 

It seems to affect Map Tours authored by manually creating a feature service using the Story Map Tour schema, instead of using a CSV file or building your Tour interactively in the Story Map Tour Builder. 

Could you paste the link to your web map and your app (assuming they are shared publicly)?

Rupert

0 Kudos
JonahKirchmann
New Contributor II

Hello,

As I said in my previous response, the same day that I posted this the problem fixed itself and is not longer a problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos