Download option in Collector (Beta) on Android

Jump to solution
01-16-2019 04:58 PM
GeoffHodgson
New Contributor

I am using Collector (Classic) and Collector (Beta) on an Android phone and an Android tablet.

My webmap and feature layers are setup for offline use in AGOL.

On the Classic version I can see the download "icon", but not in the Beta version.

What am I missing ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Geoff - Offline maps aren't in the beta yet, but will be in a later beta and will be part of the final release. You can see what is included in the beta in What can I test

Thanks for testing the beta, and please share your feedback in the Early Adopter Community as you test the app.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Geoff - Offline maps aren't in the beta yet, but will be in a later beta and will be part of the final release. You can see what is included in the beta in What can I test

Thanks for testing the beta, and please share your feedback in the Early Adopter Community as you test the app.

Esri Education Team
GeoffHodgson
New Contributor

Thanks Kylie.

Glad it wasn't me missing something. 

Looking forward to being able to test this component when it is implemented.

Cheers, Geoff

0 Kudos
PriyaAggarwal1
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie. 

Is download option is still missing in beta? 

In what can I test, 'Pre-planned offline workflows' option is there. Is it mean that download is available? 

Thanks in advance,

Priya Aggarwal

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Priya - In the currently available beta you can take preplanned map areas offline. This is the workflow where the map author creates the areas to go offline using ArcGIS Online (or ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 or later) and that area is downloaded through the app.

A later beta will include the ability to define an area to take offline directly in the app (the workflow used in Collector on Android today).

Please provide feedback and questions for the beta in the Early Adopter Communityinstead of in this forum (which is for the released app). Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos