Survey 123 (Application) and ADA Compliance

01-15-2019 07:59 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Okay, techinical/philosphical questions...I was just asked whether Survey123 was ADA compliant. I tried looking for some documentation regarding this but couldn't find any. I tried using the Voiceover option on my iPhone, and it worked to identify the S123 app, but I wasn't able to answer any of the questions. So, there are two questions, has ESRI looked at ADA compliance on a phone/tablet? And to what extent is ADA compliance the responsibility of the device and not the app?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for raising this issue.  This is an area we are exploring as we develop Survey123 and is complicated a bit by the need to support multiple OS's accessibility features simultaneously.  Text to speech can currently be enabled on a per-question basis by using '#tts' in the media::audio column (this is a feature in preview).

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James, is there any update to this?

We want to use Survye123 but its required to be ADA compliant for the web forms, not the mobile application. 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

The webform works with available Text-To-Speech software, such as the ChromeVox extension for Google Chrome.  Are you seeing a particular deficiency in when using the software?

0 Kudos