Does "Hosted Layer, View" break in the WAB Edit widget?

01-15-2019 06:09 AM
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

I created a WAB app with a map that includes a Hosted Layer, View.  (I did this to enable private editing of the layer and public read-access of the layer.)

The Hosted Layer, View is indeed editable in the (working) map.  But in the WAB app, I get this error:

Your account does not have permission to create or modify data. Or this web map does not contain any editable layers. 

Well, the simple fact is that neither of those cases is true.  I have permission.  And the web map does indeed contain an editable layer.  (I just edited it.)

Other related threads focus on the complicated editing permissions settings.  But that's not the problem here.

I suspect that Hosted, Views behave differently, and they they break in the WAB Edit widget.

What do you think?

5 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Don,

I found the following information regarding this message. 

The message ""Your account does not have permission to create or modify data. Or this web map does not contain any editable layers." only appears when feature creation on the layer is disabled, making the message inaccurate. The following defect has been logged.

BUG-000115038 : The Edit Widget's Template window in WebApp Builder shows an error when a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online set to Update Attributes Only or Update Features,is edited, reading "Your account does not have permission to create or modify data. Or this web map does not contain any editable layers," even when correct permissions and an editable layer are present.

Does this match your scenario?

Best of luck,

Marisa

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

We're also experiencing this issue, I just opened an Esri support case.  Thank you for posting information about your bug. 

ShelleySchulte1
New Contributor III

Did something happen today (or in the past few) because I am also experiencing this issue. I am using portal though.

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

@ShelleySchulte1 

We're using ArcGIS Online and I assumed the AGOL update on the 13th may have broken it, but if you are seeing it in Portal too that's interesting. 

0 Kudos
ShelleySchulte1
New Contributor III

I figured out that I can NOT have the z-factor check box selected/checked when I publish. That is messing everything up for me.  I have it working now. Maybe that will help yours!

0 Kudos