WorkerID to Worker Name?

Jump to solution
01-15-2019 05:27 AM
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Aaron Pulver

Just so I'm clear after reading your blog post: Monitor Your Workforce Project Using Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS there is NO WAY to get a workers name to show in the 'Assignments' feature service? Basically, I'm unable to track, by name, which staff have been assigned work using this layer in an Operations Dashboard? Furthermore, because these are hosted layers created for me there's no way for me to create a relationship between the Assignments layer and the Workers layer?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It depends how you want to display it. You could create an arcade expressions to show the worker name in the Popup in both the WebMap and Dashboard. Dashboard doesn't consume arcade expressions in the list elements at this time (AFAIK). I believe you can also do a join in arcade between 2 layers in a map (personally haven't done that though).

You could also configure an action between an Assignment and a Worker (Select a worker -> show me all their assignments in a list). The field mapping is Worker objectID->Assignment Worker ID. An example would be a category selector of workers that filters a list of assignments as well as the map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It depends how you want to display it. You could create an arcade expressions to show the worker name in the Popup in both the WebMap and Dashboard. Dashboard doesn't consume arcade expressions in the list elements at this time (AFAIK). I believe you can also do a join in arcade between 2 layers in a map (personally haven't done that though).

You could also configure an action between an Assignment and a Worker (Select a worker -> show me all their assignments in a list). The field mapping is Worker objectID->Assignment Worker ID. An example would be a category selector of workers that filters a list of assignments as well as the map.

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Aaron Pulver‌ - that's kinda nifty. I also set it up to filter not just a list but a pie chart of assignment status. It took me a minute to figure out how to set up the Category Selector correctly so I have included a screnshot below to help others. I appreciate the help!

0 Kudos