OS.GeoGDAL error when adding BAG to BIS

01-10-2019 04:18 PM
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error when I try to add NOAA BAG files to my BIS. I am guessing that this is a GDAL installation issue, but I want to see if anyone else has had this error before.

The specific error is: "The type initializer for 'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception."

I have write/read access to the data location, and I have tried to add the files from multiple locations using multiple machines. Does anyone have a starting place for troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MadhuHosuru
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for  reporting OS.GeoGDAL error, I am happy to troubleshoot this issue.

Please answer to below questions:

• Release version : ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry , you installed?
  • Is it possible to share the BAG with us to reproduce this error from our end?
  • Are you trying to add multi-resolution bag ?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhu Hosuru

AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

Hi Madhu!

Thanks for the response. Some info:

• We are running version 10.4.1 of the extension currently
  • I can share one of our BAG files, but I am experiencing the error with our data, as well as NOAA created BAG files
  • We are not using multiresolution BAGs currently

Because of scheduling conflicts and work schedules, I havent had a chance to work with the bathymetry extension for a few months. The last time I worked with BAGs, I didn't have any issues. So I am assuming that during an upgrade something was installed incorrectly, or not installed at all.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Andrew

0 Kudos
MadhuHosuru
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing required information.

Please share your bag file with us, email to bathymetryteam@esri.com . I will schedule a  screen sharing meeting with you  to trouble shoot this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhu Hosuru