Incompatible spatial references?

Jump to solution
01-10-2019 12:06 AM
CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

Hi all 🙂

I have a java script application that loads a web map with a spatial reference with wkid 25832. I then want to add another layer to the map, but that layer has another wkid (4326), and when I add it I get an error message my console saying "incompatible spatialReference". I've read somewhere, that it is because the layer I want to add is a Vector Tile Layer.

So my question is two-folded. Is it possible to add a vector tile layer with a spatial reference to a map that has a different spatial reference? If so, how can I achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

It is not possible to do what you are trying to achieve. VectorTileLayers are not projected on the fly. It is cooked with its spatialReference. VectorTileLayer's spatialReference must match the map's (3.x) or the view's (4.x) spatialReference.

-Undral

View solution in original post

2 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

It is not possible to do what you are trying to achieve. VectorTileLayers are not projected on the fly. It is cooked with its spatialReference. VectorTileLayer's spatialReference must match the map's (3.x) or the view's (4.x) spatialReference.

-Undral

CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Undral 🙂

0 Kudos