Required Fields in Collector

01-08-2019 09:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a collector application already built. However I need to make some of the fields mandatory as workers are not inputting required information. Is there a way to go back and require these fields? or build a new field, bring over the data and then continue with requiring the information?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott -- Once a layer has data in it, you can't change if a field is required or not, nor can you add a new, required field (as all the existing data wouldn't have values and honor that). You will need to create a new layer and migrate your existing data into it.

Esri Education Team
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

DOUGHHHH!!

DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

I have a further question to this. If i have an existing feature service with photo attachments, and i create a local copy for synchronised editing on arcmap. i can create a new feature class and assign my correct (Not Nullable) required fields, and then import the data from the original feature service, but how can i relink the attachment table? im guessing it's about generating a new relationship class between the attachment table and the new feature class, but im unsure of the steps.

0 Kudos