Explorer app (Android) - untrusted host

Jump to solution
01-06-2019 12:50 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi team

I am working with a customer and sometimes we get this message appearing when using the app. However we can't click the trust button. - The message goes away if we close the app and reopen it. - however every now and then the message appears again.

Have others had this message appear?

We do get this when on Wifi or Cellular

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey John Plunkett‌ and Brian Wilson‌,

This issue will be addressed in the next release of the Android version of Explorer.

Joel

View solution in original post

11 Replies
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

I get this message as well.  I'm using a galaxy s9+, portal 10.6.1 using iwa.  Im on 18.1.0.  Using the new explorer and collector via iOS shows no errors.  The app appears to be fine and shows data then after a minute or so I get prompted in a never ended loop of untrusted hosts. SSL shopper shows the certs are good for both portal and ags. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey John Plunkett‌ and Brian Wilson‌,

This issue will be addressed in the next release of the Android version of Explorer.

Joel

BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

When will this version be release?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brian Wilson‌ we're looking to have 19.1.0 Beta's available for iOS, Android, and Windows available around User Conference (July). Our final releases would follow shortly after that. This release will include numerous bug fixes (including the issue above) as well as supporting additional offline workflows.

0 Kudos
GrahameRoss1
New Contributor II

I have a user starting his field season and needs to access our spatial data... no hope for a fix for at least 2+ more months? Is this related to the security updates requiring us to install TLS patch 1.2 regarding esri's data services?

app works on my personal Iphone- no way to push out a fix to android quicker??? 

0 Kudos
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

This issue was around prior to the tls push. I agree this needs to be patch asap.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

JeffreyROLAND
New Contributor III

It's now October, when is this update supposed to happen?

GrahameRoss1
New Contributor II

Agreed! Still using a workaround in the field. would like Explorer back ASAP...

0 Kudos
jprasadpwa
New Contributor

Hey, we are getting the untrusted issue in the ArcGIS explorer app. it is continuing for all layers means if the web map having 20 layers 20 times is getting. is there any solution to avoid this

0 Kudos