Unable to access the authentication service

01-04-2019 09:20 AM
WilliamShoop
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I am unable to register a database in the ArcGIS Server Manager (ArcGIS Server Manager >Site>Data Stores>Register>Database). When I try to import the .sde file a portal login prompt appears and when I enter my credentials the 'Unable to access the authentication service' error below appears. Note: We use IWA to authenticate so I pretty sure this login prompt shouldn't appear if configured correctly. 

Researching the error I found that installing an intermediate certificate to link an intermediate certificate to link the SSL certificate to the trusted root CA may solve the issue. Unfortunately after doing this on the server and portal, the error is still present. 

It's weird, but I am able to register a database in ArcMap with no problem. Just in ArcGIS Server Manager does this error exist.  

Environment: ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, federated portal using IWA. Error is present in both IE and Chrome

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill 

10 Replies
RPW
by
New Contributor III

Hi Bill,

Have you been able to solve this issue? I have exactly the same problem. I have an Esri case open about it, but no progress so far.

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
WilliamShoop
New Contributor III

Hey Roger,

Sorry to here about your troubles. I also entered an Esri case with this issue and it resulted in declaring it a 10.6.1 bug. As of today the bug's status is "In Product Plan." BUG-000116672‌‌.

As a work around I am still registering the databases in ArcMap like I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
HarroldSompotan
Esri Contributor

If anyone else is still running into this issue, see if the workaround mentioned in this KB helps.  

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019235

Please let me know. 

MelanieFournier1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I tried this work around as well because I have the same issue (on 10.7.1) but it does not change anything.

We also added the patch security 2, in case it would help but we don't see any changes so far.

I opened a case with esri to see how we can fix this.

If someone has another work around I am interested.

Cheers,

Mélanie

0 Kudos
NealSmith
New Contributor

in our office, we are having the same problem on two separate virtual servers on our initial installs.  Have you gotten any response/help from ESRI?

0 Kudos
AmaniNgoma0
New Contributor II

Hello everyone.
I am having the same issue with my ArcGIS Entreprise 10.9.1.

Have you been able to solve your problem please?

Amani

Adam_Inglis
New Contributor II

We are having the same issue on 10.8.1 

0 Kudos
AmaniNgoma0
New Contributor II

It has been very difficult to me. For my case, the portal crashed.
However, I managed to extract all data, and now I am rebuilding all of the workflow, automation, webmaps and dashboards.
It's taking some time because of the volume of data.

Maybe tell us if you would need much support this way.

0 Kudos
sajjady
New Contributor III

I am facing the same issue. Does any one have the solution. Please help me

0 Kudos