Add Maps only to AGOL featured content page?

01-03-2019 01:37 PM
ZacStanley3
New Contributor III

Hi-

I'm in process of configuring a stand alone AGOL site - not using portal/SDE etc. I have a setup a featured content group to house content I want shared on the home page. Problem is when I share those spam to that group I also have to share all the content in the maps to the group as well. This results in all the individual feature classes displaying on the homepage as well. Does anyone know of a workaround allowing me to be more selective about what goes on featured content page?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Zac

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JacobLias1
Esri Contributor

Hey Zac,

Good question, and the answer depends on how you have the group shared and who you want to be able to see the content in the featured content section of the home page.

Do you want the public to be able to access the home page of your organization and have access to the maps in the featured content section?

If that is the case, make sure the maps and the content in the maps are both shared to the public.

Then, make sure that only the maps are also shared to the group that will be used for featured content on the home page. The group must also be shared to the public as stated here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/configure-home.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_766BF2D04A004D3C...

When set up this way, public users can access the home page and see only the maps in the featured content section, but will still be able to open the maps because they, along with the relevant content, are shared to the public.

Here are the above sharing settings condensed:

Group -> Public can view
Content in Map -> Public
Map -> Public and Group used for featured content

Let me know if that works out on your end or if there are any issues and we can address them from there.

Kind regards,

-Jake

0 Kudos