Labels Overlapping Other Features

01-03-2019 03:59 PM
JasonCeleste1
New Contributor II

I'm using the Maplex Label Engine (ArcMap 10.6) on a series of road strip maps based on a centerline feature class. The road names are placed fine. The road number labels are placed at intersections. I would prefer to not have to convert to annotation just to move the label off the intersection. I have tried different settings and haven't found a solution. Anyone else have this issue? A solution? 

ArcMap labels overlapping other features.

Tags (3)
2 Replies
JasonCeleste1
New Contributor II

When I do convert to annotation, the labels are moved off the intersections. A bit frustrating.

0 Kudos
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Jason. If you can add a point feature of the intersections (transportation departments have this), you can then turn off the symbology of the intersection layer and give it a higher feature weight in the Maplex conflict resolution tab than your centerline layer. Label as before and you should get a better result.

If you cannot obtain an intersection layer and your study area is not too big, you can easily make a graphic one using the draw tools and then use the "create feature from graphic" option.

Good luck,

Joe

0 Kudos