FMV 1.4 - ArcMap 10.6 install fail

Jump to solution
12-22-2018 06:59 AM
Labels (1)
ChristopherDeRolph
New Contributor III

Hello there,

I'm trying to install FMV 1.4 for ArcMap 10.6. I can run the executable install file successfully, but the extension does not appear (even after ArcMap restart) in my Extensions menu, and there is no "ESRI.ArcGIS.Video.FullMotionVideoAddin.esriAddIn" file in the download for the installation. Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did we check the folder specified in the first window from the exe? When running the .exe file it'll prompt you to enter a folder, the default along the lines of:

• C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.6\FullMotionVideo

On navigating to that folder there should be a few files including the .esriAddIn file that were extracted by the .exe. 

If we've run the .exe and there are no files at the target output location, would suggest checking if you have an extraction utility installed, such as 7-Zip. You can download 7-Zip for free at http://www.7-zip.org/

If the exe has run with an extraction utility stored and there are still no output files in the output folder specified then I would suggest logging a case with technical support who may be able to further assist.

Note that you may also need to request the licence if you haven't already obtained it. My understanding is that it is available for those with active maintenance but you will need to request the licence to be assigned to your account. This won't be affecting the extract/install but is another step to be undertaken.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

After running the exe file (FMVv1.4_forArcGISDesktop10.6.x_165150) it will be unzipped to the folder specified by us i.e. C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.6\FullMotionVideo

If we navigate to this folder we can then run the add in file from the guide (ESRI.ArcGIS.Video.FullMotionVideoAddin.esriAddIn), Which will prompt an add in installation utility that looks like this:

I've attached the 1.4 install guide for reference. 

0 Kudos
ChristopherDeRolph
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

My problem is I don't get the .addin file when I run the exe file.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did we check the folder specified in the first window from the exe? When running the .exe file it'll prompt you to enter a folder, the default along the lines of:

• C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.6\FullMotionVideo

On navigating to that folder there should be a few files including the .esriAddIn file that were extracted by the .exe. 

If we've run the .exe and there are no files at the target output location, would suggest checking if you have an extraction utility installed, such as 7-Zip. You can download 7-Zip for free at http://www.7-zip.org/

If the exe has run with an extraction utility stored and there are still no output files in the output folder specified then I would suggest logging a case with technical support who may be able to further assist.

Note that you may also need to request the licence if you haven't already obtained it. My understanding is that it is available for those with active maintenance but you will need to request the licence to be assigned to your account. This won't be affecting the extract/install but is another step to be undertaken.

0 Kudos
ChristopherDeRolph
New Contributor III

Thanks Chris! The ...Documents\ArcGIS 10.6\FullMotionVideo folder was where I needed to look to find the addin file. I was able to complete the install. Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear we were able to get it working. Can you please mark the post as answered for other users.

0 Kudos