AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create a Reference Grid Based off of a Current Feature

Question asked by gkroes.alpha on Dec 21, 2018

Hello:

I am attempting to create a map that will easily allow a city employee to locate street centerlines within a given city. I plan to accomplish this by using an index that corresponds to a Reference Grid. The Index (for my purposes) is essentially several squares that are measured a mile between each. Each Square is identified with a letter and a number (i.e J32). What my intentions are is to correspond each of the street centerlines in the city with one or more of these squares. The Index Feature Class is already created, however, I am now attempting to find a method of easily creating a Reference Grid Based off my Index Feature Class. The Problem that I am experiencing is that my Reference Grid is not aligning with my Index (See Figure 1).

Figure 1 - Index (Beige Line) does not match Reference Grid (Grey Line)

Figure 1 - Index Line (Beige Line) does not Match Reference Grid Line (Grey Line)

Do any of you know if it is possible to create a Reference Grid based off of a Feature Class, so that the reference grid matches the index at a given scale? If not, would any of you have some ideas on how I can align my reference grid with my Index? I realize you can make adjustments through dividing the grids into a said number of columns and rows. However, I am looking for a more efficient solution. Thank you in advance for your help and please let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help.

Nico

Outcomes