version 4.10 of Javascript API, GraphicsLayer items truncated

12-20-2018 04:57 PM
XavierIrias
New Contributor III

Sharing a tip/bug report:

I had an issue with simple line graphics drawn in a graphics layer sometimes, but not always, being truncated.  There seems to be some dependence on the view extents since subtle changes in the map's extent trigger the problem.

After hours of painstaking trial and error I deduced that the problem is actually with version 4.10.  Rolling back to version 4.9 completely solved the problem. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

Can you please share your code? Reproducible case? I am not able to reproduce the issue using Sketch widget sample.

Thank you,

-Undral

0 Kudos
XavierIrias
New Contributor III

Okay, I'm a little closer to resolving this one.  I had a polyfill for Array.prototype.remove which seems to be incompatible with version 4.10 of the API.  Removing the polyfill solved the problem ( I think ).  

So as  a guess, version 4.10 is conditionally polyfilling this same function but with a different implementation.  The one that was not compatible returns a new array with the indicated element removed.  Possibly version 4.10 returns the same array but with an item removed and gets confused if array is new.

0 Kudos