AnsweredAssumed Answered

Optimize Shortlist Story Map

Question asked by shawnroberts on Dec 20, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 30, 2018 by ressinger-esristaff

Good afternoon all, I'm working on a rather large shortlist story map. All in all is has ~550 points in it (split up into three tabs based on a field). Each point has two images a thumbnail and a "main image". These images have been resized and cleaned up based on ESRI's suggestions for optimal sizes and format.

The problem Im having is the map is terribly slow. Its innitial load is decently fast (2.55 seconds), however when I try to interact with the map, or data, it's terrible laggy and freezes quite often.Sometimes the map portion just doesn't even respond to scroll,click events or just stops loading, and when it does the side-popup can take over 30 second to appear or just hangs up with the loading wheel until the map is refreshed or chrome just crashes (see attached image for example). All of this combined makes the story map effectively useless. 

The story map has nothing custom on it (just template). The data and the map are both hosted on AGOL. 

Has anyone experienced these similar issues, and how did you overcome them? I've done about everything I can think of to optimize the data behind the map, I've read a number of other posts and taken their suggestions, however I think it needs more. 

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Outcomes