Survey 123 and Locators

12-19-2018 10:43 AM
RobMcCulley
New Contributor III

I'm trying to create a Survey 123 application to use in the browser, but how Survey 123 works with our organizations locators isn't consistent between the browser and the Android app.

We have three locators setup for our organization, none of witch are the ESRI World locator.  All three are hosted on our ArcGIS Enterprise instance. The three locators work exactly as expected in ArcGIS Online, and the Survey 123 Android application.  They do not work as expected when using Survey 123 in the browser.  Our planned main source of entry for this project was in the browser, but if we can't get the locator issue sorted, it isn't going to work for us.

The first problem is that Survey 123 in the browser always seems to include the ESRI World Locator, and it defaults to the ESRI World Locator. The second problem is that the search shows suggestions from all of the locators, but if you select one of the suggestions from one of our locators, there is always no result.

In our ArcGIS Online map, and the Survey 123 Android app the locators work as expected.  The ESRI World Locator is not used, and there are no suggestions from the ESRI World Locator.  When one of the suggestions is clicked, the map zooms to the proper location.

Is there any way to get Survey 123 in the browser to properly respect our locator settings, and properly utilize our locators?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the detailed information above. Currently there are some limitations with the web app which different to how AGO and Survey123 field app work in relation to custom locators. We have an open enhancement request to address this issue in the web app, and I have included you comments in the issue.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User I agree with the others, it would be great to get this locator issue working correctly in the Survey123 web in the browser.  I tested it today, and as far as I can tell, it still does not work.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User  Any updates to this?  We would like to use our locators when searching as well....

0 Kudos
jdaniel
New Contributor II

Yes, we were trying the same thing and no luck.  We wanted to pull data from the locator to populate the fields.  Works in the app, works in Connect123, but does not work in the web browser - which is where most of our users would open it (public survey)

0 Kudos