Says I'm not connected but when I request permission it says I'm the administrator.

Jump to solution
12-14-2018 08:48 PM
TiffanySprague
New Contributor III

I'm having trouble installing Pro because when I try to log into AGOL I get a message saying the username isn't connected to my organization (even though it's our AGOL admin username/password). When I look at our ArcGIS account, the username/password are shown as a member.

But some message said this name wasn't connected to "our organization" and go to My ESRI. So we asked permission to connect the username to My ESRI and were told we had that permission automatically as the administrator, i.e., presumably the username already was "connected". But next time we tried to install Pro, the whole thing happened again.

What are we doing wrong? We're caught in a loop we can't escape from!

Thanks for any help.##

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing Pro. With this seeming to be a more technical issue, I have contacted our support staff and an analyst will be reaching out shortly to assist.

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Online and MyEsri have separate logins. Look over this and see if it helps. Otherwise, contact support, they have the tools to get you all sorted out. It can be pretty confusing.

https://community.esri.com/people/curtvprice/blog/2017/11/22/myesri-and-arcgis-online-accounts?sr=se...

TiffanySprague
New Contributor III

I'm going to try to "connect" my AGOL login to MyESRI. I don't understand what MyESRI is or why it's involved in opening Pro, but it's the only place where the AGOL login isn't already connected.

Any idea whether this is the right move?

I do plan to call support next week if this latest idea fails.

--Didn't work. I connected the AGOL username to MyESRI, gave it all permissions, and tried again to start Pro. Still get the "username not a member of the organization" error message. I give up. Next stop ESRI support.

0 Kudos
RebeccaTanouye
Esri Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

This link may help -  https://www.esri.com/library/brochures/getting-started-with-arcgis-pro.pdf . The message "username not a member of org.." usually means the Pro license hasn't been assigned to a specific username.  

I hope this helps! 

TiffanySprague
New Contributor III

I did assign Pro licenses to both administrative usernames in AGOL. Those are the usernames that keep generating the error message when I try to start Pro.

0 Kudos
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing Pro. With this seeming to be a more technical issue, I have contacted our support staff and an analyst will be reaching out shortly to assist.

Josh

0 Kudos