How can I update attributes of a feature service?

12-14-2018 12:25 PM
AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

We need to update the attributes of an existing feature service. We are using Collector to locate features and from their pop-up window we launch Survey123 that carries the features ID (not GlobalID).
The reason we don't update the attributes via Collector is that we need the pulldata() option in Survey123.

The problem is that when I insert a new value it doesn't update the relevant field, but instead, it creates a new line (but no geometry) with the same ID and with the new value I inserted. If I set a unique index to the feature ID column I get an error message on the survey 'Cannot insert duplicate key row in object ... with unique index'

I created a simple test feature and a simple test survey with no pulldata() and encountered the same issues.
The problem is not with the feature itself because I can update it properly via Collector.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ayelet,

Currently only creating new surveys (new records) is supported by the url parameter. It is not possible to edit existing records. We have an open enhancement request for this and I have updated your comments in the issue.

Phil.